Why choose MCC?
Why choose MCC?
Why choose MCC of VA as your Medallion 4.0 health plan?
At MCC of VA, you and your needs come first in everything we do. We’re here to help you live a vibrant and healthy life. With our exclusive Integrated Health NeighborhoodSM model, you are at the center of your own “neighborhood” as we connect you to local services and resources specifically chosen to benefit you the most.
We want to help you stay healthy and active. Our support teams will work with you to identify potential health risks and help you address them through diet, exercise or other means that work for you.
We also offer a wide range of enhanced benefits.
Are you expecting a baby?
For all women of childbearing age, we offer a Mother-Baby Connections program to guide you through early prenatal care and what to do if you think you may be pregnant. Expectant mothers will receive timely text messages with health tips specific to each stage of pregnancy. They’ll tell you what to expect during your pregnancy, how to spot problems and how to prepare for delivery and parenthood.
Whether you’re a first-time mom or already have other children, you might have questions or concerns in between doctor visits or after your baby is born. We offer education and support throughout your pregnancy and the first year of your newborn’s life to help you and your child be as healthy as possible.
You’ll also get extra benefits, such as:
- Infant sleep sacks and diapers
- An invitation to baby showers hosted by MCC of VA (hosted quarterly per region)
- "What to Expect When Expecting" book
- Rides to WIC appointments, Lamaze and parenting classes
Just for the kids
We understand how important it is for you, as a parent or caregiver, to see your children develop into healthy young adults. To help them succeed on the path to adulthood, MCC of VA provides:
- Annual sports physicals from a primary care physician (PCP) for children ages 10-18
- One bicycle helmet per year for children under 18
- A backpack with supplies and comfort items (teddy bear, drawing and school supplies, a journal) for foster children entering a new home