Become a Magellan Complete Care of Virginia (MCC of VA) network provider
As a managed care leader, MCC of VA values our network providers and realizes your time is best spent with members – not with excessive administrative tasks.
We’re dedicated to delivering high-quality healthcare and helping MCC of VA members get the most out of their Virginia Medicaid benefits. One of the reasons we’re able to do that is because we partner with the very best providers. We’re proud to work with healthcare professionals who share our commitment to serving MCC of VA members.
What are the benefits of being an MCC of VA network provider?
We offer many solutions to save you valuable time and resources, including:
- Simplified credentialing, most completed within 30-60 days
- Tools, programs and education resources online
- Streamlined electronic claims processing through electronic data interchange, direct claims submission and electronic funds transfer
- Prompt claims payment
- Access to provider support specialists, all of whom are licensed nurses and behavioral health clinicians who offer training and technical assistance to providers to promote best practices and improve quality of care
We work with our local provider associations, including 40 Virginia Community Service Boards such as Norfolk and Horizon Behavioral Health, and the Virginia Nursing Association to better understand the specific challenges providers face in the development of new programs or when policies are changed. By learning from our partners and sharing our collective experiences and resources, we can tailor our services to more effectively and efficiently help you. For example, we modified our training materials based on feedback from providers and enhanced our claims testing practices to accommodate nursing facilities.
We offer live webinars and on‐site training, led by our Provider Support Specialists, further supplemented by our virtual provider training and provider resources on our provider website. We expand on this curriculum with ongoing training updates, program updates and annual training requirements.
We give network providers the opportunity to guide and influence MCC of VA’s policies through ongoing dialogue in provider focus groups, regional and local meetings, and the provider advisory committee. Take advantage of ongoing support and technical assistance, and stay up to date through our newsletter, website, webinars, weekly open forum conference calls, town hall meetings, and e‐learning.
We conduct regular claims training sessions for the first 12 months following implementation, and we provide ongoing claims training, per the needs of the provider network, throughout the life of the contract.
How do I join the MCC of VA provider network?
To join the MCC of VA provider network, you, the group practice or organization must first be contracted with MCC of VA. Prior to contract execution, we ensure all practitioners and organizations meet specific credentialing criteria and are approved by MCC of VA’s Regional Network and Credentialing Committee (RNCC).
What does the MCC of VA credentialing process include?
The MCC of VA credentialing process includes three main steps:
- Application review—MCC of VA confirms you have fully completed the application and supplied all required supporting documents.
- Verification of credentials—MCC of VA verifies information including, but not limited to, license status, insurance coverage, and education/training using criteria defined to meet accreditation, regulatory and other applicable requirements.
- Committee review—If your credentials meet the minimum required standards, the application is sent to an RNCC comprised of MCC of VA clinical staff and professional peers. The RNCC reviews applications subject to business needs and in accordance with applicable state laws.
How long does the credentialing process take?
Once all required documents have been submitted, credentialing and contract execution/activation can occur. Over 90% of the time, we complete the process within 60 days after receipt of all necessary information.
Are you ready to join the MCC of VA provider network?
Step 1 – Complete one of our Provider Information Forms
- Individual practitioners and/or group practices
If you are an individual provider or a group of providers who perform medical services, please complete and submit the Provider Information Form.
- Group practices must fill out one Provider Information Form for the group and one Provider Information Form for each licensed practitioner in the group.
- Group practices with over 50 providers can submit one Provider Information Form for the group and a roster listing each provider in the group. The roster must include the following information: provider’s name, degree type, individual National Provider Identifier (NPI), Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH) number, date of birth, and provider specialty.
- Group practices that employ nurse practitioners must complete a Provider Information Form for each nurse.
- Organization and facility providers
If you are licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia to provide services as a facility or an organization (this includes Durable Medical Equipment (DME) providers), please complete and submit the Organization Provider Application Form.
- Complete the Organization Provider Application for the primary site and complete a separate Organization Application Supplement form (included in the application) for each of additional service locations.
- Individual service facilitators
Are you an individual provider that is licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia to provide long-term support or ancillary services? If so, please complete and submit the Individual Service Facilitator Application along with a Sites and Services Form.
Step 2 – Submit your completed forms
Submit your Interested Provider Form along with an IRS W-9 tax form to our MCC of VA provider network team. All submissions must include the name of a primary contact person along with an email address and/or phone number.
You can submit your completed forms any of the following ways:
- Fax: 1-888-656-5098
- Email: MCCVAProvider@magellanhealth.com
- By mail: Magellan Complete Care of Virginia
Attn: Network Department
3829 Gaskins Road
Richmond, VA 23233
Step 3 – An MCC of VA provider network representative will review your initial application and contact you.